Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brand New Year

I have been decidedly neglectful when it comes to this blog.  My Birthday Goal is to write more, and so, with just 9 days remaining before the big day, I might as well get started.

Yes, Gentle Reader, I am turning 34 this year.  I will officially enter my mid-thirties.  I will be in my last year before moving on to a new age range on surveys and stuff.  So.  Does anyone remember my 33rd birthday?  I bet some of you do because I am *quite* vocal when I'm upset about something.  And wow, was I upset.  I hated my birthday last year.  I was unhappy with where I was in life - in a lot of ways.  I really just wanted the day to end. 

But this is a brand new year.

I am in a much different place.  And on this year's birthday, I will actually be in a different place.  Las Vegas.  Oh hell yeah.  No one can be blue in Vegas on their birthday. 

I might even bring some ether. 

"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. "

No comments:

Post a Comment