Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Relax - Cool Your Jets

I had an upsetting doctor's appointment today.  Nothing's wrong with Bean, don't worry!  Bean's fine, but apparently, his mother hasn't been taking as good of care of herself as she should.

I can't believe it, seriously.  I feel like I've been doing everything right, and I've been so proud of myself for how how much I've been able to do, how healthy I feel I've been, how good I've felt for the majority of this pregnancy.  But I guess it wasn't enough.

I have to slow down.  Apparently, I am anemic so now I need to take iron supplements.  I need to sleep more, rest more, do *nothing* more.  I have to reduce hours at work.  I need to stay off my feet.  I need to relax and remain stress-free. 
Stress-free?  Has this woman MET me?!  I'm never stress-free. 

And these newfound guidelines have me even more stressed out than before.  Reduced hours at work?  How is that going to work?  Resting more?  But I have things to DO. 

I feel powerless and out of control.  And we all know that I do not like it when I am not in control.  I am emotional and kind of freaking out and feeling sorry for myself.  And at the same time, I am tired.  I am just so tired. 

Being a woman is exhausting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment