Thursday, May 7, 2009

Homecoming

So my life was totally course corrected this week.

I had made a decision. An impulsive, non-thinking, wild decision, and it was clearly not the right one. Ooh, that sucks. So stress and worry and tears and ickiness followed this decision. I tried to figure out why I had made such a terrible choice. I tried to wake myself up from that nightmare. I wished and I prayed that I could go back and change my mind. I regretted and fretted and lost some weight(!). But there was no going back.

Unless, maybe, there was. Put aside the regret and the fear and the disappointment and the self-doubt for a minute. Focus on making my life the way I would like it to be. And presto! Course correction! Okay so fate didn't REALLY adjust my life to path I was meant to be on. Nope, I did that myself. And it feels just like coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment