Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Words, Words, Words

Why can I not learn how to think before I speak?! Words just tumble out of my mouth. A flood, a rush of syllables, blah blah blah. It's like I can't stop myself. And even when the words race out, one after another, I'm thinking to myself, what are you doing? Why are you saying this? Stop, stop....stop. But they're already out. Come back, I say. Come back.

Seems like this should be something I would have learned by now, right? I'm pretty good at learning the tough lessons. Taking something from my experiences and using that to better my life. I should be able to stop myself, say to myself, slow down. Are you sure you want to be saying this? I should be able to do this.

Come back, I say. Come back.

No lessons have been learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment