Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Do You Want To Talk About It?

People tell me things. I’m not quite sure why, but people tell me things. I can barely know a guy from Adam, and he will go right ahead and tell me something immensely personal or deeply private. This has been the case for as long as I can remember. It actually wasn’t that long ago that I realized that this doesn’t happen to everyone. Not everyone is getting these intimate details of other people’s lives. I’m, well, I’m flattered that people feel comfortable opening up to me, and I definitely think it’s important that we talk about the big issues. I’m always happy to listen when folks feel like talking. And it’s not like they’re always looking for advice either. Nope, it seems to just be more of a venting thing, a getting-off-the-chest thing, a whew-that-felt-good-to-say-that-aloud thing. My Mom told me that this happens to her as well. People tell her things. And my Dad is a psychologist, so I’m assuming people tell him things too. So maybe it’s just been passed on to me - a sort of psychological dimple. I’m the girl you tell things to.

Talk away. I will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment