Monday, October 18, 2010

Dirty

I like to mess up beauty.  I like to get clean things dirty.  I like to create chaos where there would otherwise be sameness.  I like to muddy the perfect. 

I want to casually knock over rows and rows of carefully placed dominos.  I want to kiss a perfectly made-up cheek with garish hot pink lipstik.  I want to fuck wildly on a well-made bed.  I want to smudge newsprinty fingers on important work documents.  I want to spill coffee on white linen pants.  I want to use the black crayon to color outside of the lines.  I want to fondle all of the sculputures and caress all of the paintings in the Louvre.  I want to chip my purple dishes as I wash them.    

I want imperfection.  I want faults and flaws.  I want snags and defects.  In imperfection, we find true beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment