Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Some People Say It's Lucky

A funny thing happened on my way home from my Nutrition final today....

I was walking back from downtown to my car, and as I turned from Stewart on to Westlake, I heard birds chirping.  Then I heard more birds.  And then it was, like, a shitload of birds.  It was dark, mind you.  Evening.  And it sounded like I was in the middle of a rainforest.  I looked up, searching for the bird party.  Nope, nothing, can't see them.  Not shocking because, as I said, it was dark.  But seriously, they were so loud, and it sounded like there were millions of them. 

What was going on?  Surely there couldn't be that many real birds out and about at 730pm.  Could there be microphones in the trees magnifying their sounds?  You know, like some sort of art installation?  Or maybe they weren't any birds there at all.  Maybe it was actually some sort of Candid Camera trick, bird noises piped into downtown Seattle to make innocent tourists and passersby look around for dive-bombing winged warriors.  Or possibly someone was producing a remake of "The Birds"? 

And then, as bird shit plopped down on to the sleeve of my coat, I realized no.  It was just a lot of birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment