Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sushi Love

So Tim and I pretty much rock at making sushi. He bought me a sushi-making kit for Christmas, and we've sliced and rolled together three times now. The first couple times were all right, mostly just about getting the knife skills right and making sure the fillings don't ooze out of the sides of the rolls. But this time, well, this time was another thing entirely. We started with the basics: salmon nigiri, tuna roll. But after we were all warmed up, we decided we had advanced enought to get a little creative. We successfully attempted both a spicy tuna roll AND spicy scallop battleship sushi. And they were both incredible. I do the slicing and dicing, and Tim is the primary roller. Oh, and we bought some bluefin tuna for the very first time for nigiri, and wow, melt in your mouth, to die for. I blame all of of the not-so-perfectly cut pieces on crappy knives. Definitely NOT my knife skills.
Yeah, I expect that we will be opening up a restaurant in the ID very, very soon. Keep your eyes peeled. Now we just need a name....

No comments:

Post a Comment