Friday, February 27, 2009

The Sound of Settling

Will someone please tell me why, oh why, do people stay in relationships that are anything less than amazing?
Okay, fine, you’re right, I know why. People are afraid to be by themselves, they’re afraid of change, they’re afraid of the unknown, they’re afraid they’ll never find anyone else.
Fear.
Some folks (and we all know them) are allowing fear to dictate their lives.
Don’t get me wrong; I’ve been there. I was married to a great guy for 4 years. Two of them were happy, two were not. And we were both too afraid to make the necessary changes to ourselves and/or our lives even though we were both miserable.
It’s so strange that fear is stronger and more powerful than sadness.
Now that I’m in such an incredible relationship with the love of my life (yeah, I’m sappy), I finally *get it*. I understand how it’s supposed to be. And I cannot for the life of me imagine why I would have settled for anything less than perfect. And he is. Well, not perfect. But perfect for me.
If you think you might be settling, you probably are.

No comments:

Post a Comment