Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Benefits of Book Club

Had Book Club last night. Very, very fun, I must say. Now what you’ve got to realize is that Book Club is really just a reason for the girls to get together, hang out, and drink wine. For some reason, we need a reason for that to happen. I mean, Book Club is great because it challenges us to read stuff we might not otherwise. And all of the ladies are well-educated, intelligent, big voices and opinions, lots to offer. That makes for good conversation. But really, truly, the reason we’re all there is the girl time. It’s weird, you know, as we get older, we don’t spend the same kind of time with our friends. We’re all busy with our lives, work, families. Friends just don’t take priority like they did when we were younger. We actually have to set aside that time, that book club or knitting group (well, for some of us) or happy hour, and schedule an hour or two for friends. I am trying to get better about it though. It’s been harder since I moved to Seattle since I don’t have the same super close, tight knit group of girls that I have in MI. It’s not quite that way out here. But I’m working on it. And I can’t wait for the next Book Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment