Sunday, March 8, 2009

Correction, my dear

I think it must have something to do with LOST, but lately, I have become a huge fan of the idea of course correction. Mostly this just means fate, but I like the phrase "course correction". While having our Sunday morning pho, Tim and I were talking about how small chance meetings or happenings can take your life in a completely new and different direction. I think that there are certain people we are just destined to meet. One way or another, even with missed connections and all that, these meetings are just meant to be. Course correction will see to that. Now the question is: does this idea just give us all free reign to do whatever we want because fate will eventually step in? I would say, because I also believe in karma, that the answer is no. Karma and fate go hand-in-hand. We get what we give. I find this idea comforting. As long as I try to be a good person, to be kind to others, to practice empathy, I will end up where I am meant to be.
Sometimes I look back through the past few years, and I have some regrets. I question some of my decisions. But then I remember that all of these choices led me to where I am today. Where I'm meant to be. And I love where that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment