Saturday, March 28, 2009

Decisions, decisions....

So as a Libra, I have an incredibly hard time making decisions. I weigh and I balance. I make lists and I compare the options. I finally make a decision, and then I change my mind. I often resort to flipping a coin or eenie meenie minie moe. Not a good way to make grown-up choices.

And I am ashamed to admit that, sometimes, I have actually made decisions based on fear. Fear of change or fear of the unknown. Fear of failure, or fear of looking stupid. Fear of offending or people disliking me and my choices. This is ridiculous, I know. Why would anyone do something or NOT based on what might happen?! It sounds crazy, but I know I am not alone in this.

And so now I have made an actual decision. And yes, I did have to hem and haw over this one as well. I will no longer make choices based on fear. I will not allow fear to dictate my life. I will try things that I may not be good at. I will verbalize the things I believe in even if they might not be popular. I will take chances and be present. I will do these things.

Unless I change my mind, and I don't.

1 comment:

  1. Em-- you are NOT alone in this! in fact, I think almost everyone makes at least some decisions out of fear. It's a pernicious habit and mindset. i started trying to break it years ago, and without constant attention it creeps right back into you. Thank you for reminding me to be mindful about this! PS: below is my new blog-- there's nothing on it yet, though!

    ReplyDelete