Monday, March 23, 2009

Do you like me? (Check yes or no)

I’m learning a hard lesson lately. A lesson I probably should have learned when I was, oh, eight or something. I’m learning that not everybody has to like me. It’s okay if not everybody likes me. I’m not saying this is an easy thing for me to learn, just that I’m slowly coming to terms with it.
Yes, I’m definitely one of those people that worry about what other people think of me. Okay, I’m one of those people that worry about pretty much everything. But especially about what people think of me. I don’t know that the worrying necessarily changes any of my behavior. No, it really just gives me something to obsess over.
But seriously, I’m coming to terms with the idea that not everyone will always like me. I know for sure that I do not top the favorite person list of someone I work with. He doesn’t do or say anything that demonstrates his general feeling of “eh” about me. I just know it. For awhile I battled this. I tried to make him like me. I basically forced my funny, sweet, charming self down his throat ‘til he gagged. And then he pretty much threw up.
So screw it, I say! Not everyone in the world may like me, but I know I’ve got a pretty fantastic fan club going on. So what if my Mom is the president?

1 comment:

  1. Can I be the treasurer of your fan club?? ;)

    ReplyDelete