Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 4 - Naming Names

Once again, I was starving last night.  I seem to be satisfied all day, but later in the evening, I'm all snacky and looking for something to munch on.  I wonder if this is just habit, something I do while watching TV or having a cocktail.  Could it be that my body has just come to expect late night snacking?  Definitely something to think about.

I had an appointment this morning, so I had to wolf down a few strawberries and blueberries for breakfast.  Not a good start to the day.  Looking back, I probably should have taken advantage of that Banana Luna Bar.  Still, energy levels are still good, mood is upbeat - although that may just be because I'm not working today.

I did a little gluten-free, dairy-free shopping this morning so hopefully I will have some more options when it comes to meals.  Some fun special diet items I picked up include Amy's canned soups (Split Pea & Chili), Oregon Dan's BBQ sauce, AJ's Walla Walla Sweet Onion Mustard with Garlic, Udi's Whole Grain Bread and Flamous Organic Falafel Chips.  I haven't much of it, but you know I ripped that bag of chips open as soon as I got in the care.  Very pleasantly surprised.  I got the Spicy flavor, and they're really flavorful - not to mention the fact that they have NO wheat, dairy, lactose, trans fat, cholestoral, msg, hydrogenated oil, GMOs, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.  WOW.  When I got home, I dipped them in the mustards, and they were even better.  And I'm sure they're perfect for hummus.

For brunch, I made a spanish tortilla - basically a frittata.  It has red pepper, onion, yukon gold potatoes, parsley, and eggs.  So, so yummy!  Thanks, Martha Stewart!

Stay tuned for more special diet updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment