Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 8 - Still Snacking

I wake up a bit tired, but still feeling positive and upbeat.  Breakfast is a banana and some blueberries plus sunflower seeds a little later on.  A great morning at work has me feeling confident and motivated.  I'm still feeling like I'm constantly looking for something to eat, but I manage to resist the wheat & dairy snacks. 

Lunch is a big ol' huge salad with mixed greens, beets, cabbage, radishes, cucumbers, artichokes, olives, almonds and a falafel patty.  SO good and super satisfying. 

Afternoon energy levels start to sink.  Eyelids are heavy.  An annoyance at work causes a ton of grief.  I'm stoked when I'm finally at home for the day.  Unfortunately, the tiredness and grogginess stays with me.  I don't have any energy to do any of the many things I *could* be doing this evening.  Instead, I lay on the couch, read, and play online.  The motivation from yesterday is gone.  I try and combat it with a snack of hummus and falafel chips - YUM. 

Still, overall, I think the wheat-free (or basically wheat-free) lifestyle suits me.  I don't know why, but I really think it's the wheat and not the dairy that disagrees with my body.  Maybe cause I don't really eat *that* much dairy, and I definitely consume a lot more wheat - especially in its beer form.  Or maybe I'm just trying to justify eating a piece of cheese. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is making me hungry! And making me feel like I want to shop at WFM. Hm, is this a clever ploy?

    ReplyDelete