Thursday, June 10, 2010

Days 2 & 3

I made it through Day 1 - barely.

Later in the evening, I felt hungry.  This was a time that I would normally have a slice of cheese or a piece of bread, and both are now on the No list.  I tried a few berries, some walnuts, nothing really satisfied.  So I went to bed.

But these are new days. 

Days 2&3: Feeling very energetic and definitely not as irritable as usual.  Breakfast both days was steel cut oats with berries.  Lunch on Day 2 was raw kale with tahini plus aztec salad from Whole Foods.  Lunch on Day 3 was a big ol' salad with turkey and tons of veggies.  Feeling good, no hunger, no headaches.  I don't seem to want to snack as much as I usually do. 

Dinner on Day 2 was tough.  We went to a BBQ, and there were tons of things that I definitely wanted to eat.  Instead, I had 2 chicken wings with a spice rub, 2 raw oysters, plus green beans, suger snap peas and a few corn chips with salsa.  Oh, and I cheated a bit with some 8 layer Mexican dip.  A teeny bit of dairy, but not a ton.  And I managed to steer clear of the beer.  I went to bed feeling satisfied, if a little bit drunk.

Woke up on Day 3 with a bit of a tummy ache - although I attribute this the several glasses of wine I had the night before.  Oats for breakfast took care of this. 

Again, less irritation than normal, and I had a super productive day. 
This was definitely a more stressful day than normal, but I felt like I held up a little bit better than usual.  Feeling good.

After work meeting & then happy hour with the girls.  Ouch - super tough cause we went to a pizza place.  Nothing for me to eat here.  The girls ate 2 yummy pizzas, and I had to use all of my self control to say no.  But I did it. 

At home, eating split pea soup and some dolmades.  Feeling pretty good.  My skin seems to be getting clearer and brighter, although maybe that's just wishful thinking.  So far, pretty happy with the wheat-free, dairy-free life.  It's hard though, right?  Always having to ask:  "What's in this?  Is this gluten-free?  What are the ingredients?" 

Yeah, I'm totally one of *those* people now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment